Rungee Goes to School

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Online App

In my efforts to at least start all the online apps, I have been filling out some of the basic informatin. I was surprised how long it took me. It definitely made me realize that I need to leave ample time to complete that portion of the application process as well. Some of it is a little confusing too. HBS asks about part-time work and they say to include summer internships. So, I'm guessing I am supposed to include all part-time work I held in college? I mean, I don't mind putting those on there, but is it really helpful for adcom to know that I sat at a desk in front of the pool for several hours a week? I guess it shows I have some crucial time management b/c I was working, playing a sport, and taking a full load of classes, but it just doesn't seem all that relevant. Now, I would agree my summer jobs were important b/c they really helped steer me toward my current work. The app also asks for salary and most of my part-time stuff was hourly wage. Argh. Oh well... I'll figure it out. If all else fails, I'll just email the admissions office for some clarification.

Speaking on online apps, I read on -tvu's blog that LBS had gone live with its online application. Yeah! That's 4 of my 5 first round schools that have released the app. Only Wharton is left... and what is taking so long with them? I figured they would have it available by now! I can tell you I will be anxiously awaiting that release. Mostly b/c I want to get all my recs out the door.

Ciao a tutti!

4 Comments:

Blogger Iday said...

u r right. the online apps take a lot of time. even after writing so much about us thru the essays, the schools ask for so much info in the apps. and it becomes quite tricky coz each school complements the essays with the kind of Qs they ask in the apps. The complete story needs to be maintained.

9:56 AM  
Blogger -tvu said...

Very true. In filling out some sections of LBS online application, there were additional questions (i.e. names of LBS students, alumni, staff we contacted, when & where you attend info session, how, when we 1st heard about LBS, did we use a facility in our application, etc), some with word limits. This new to their online applications. I guess LBS want to know how thorough we researched, how serious we are on LBS. I think these questions are weeding out the people that actually did their work, as opposed to the applicant that did it over the week .

1:00 PM  
Blogger Inblue said...

Yoo. I just do the online apps when i dont feel like anything else. Try that ! One sitting is too tough to get done with

11:13 PM  
Blogger Hobbes said...

Ye, they ae real painful... Try doing them when you are tried/bored. Its jst typing out the info, so u cant mess it up even if u r tired ;)

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home