Rungee Goes to School

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Recommender Info Packet

Rungee needs to give her recommenders their info packets and she needs help...

I have the following already prepared for them:
1. Very brief intro of schools to which I am applying, including BOLDED deadlines
2. Process for writing recs for each school (e.g., online, paper, etc.)
3. My career vision/goals essay
4. My resume

Anything else? I want to make sure I give them as much as they need w/out overwhelming them.

Being so focused on essays, I just was looking through other application requirements yesterday and noticed that Harvard and Stanford both require 3 essays rather than 2. Only diff. is that HBS lets you choose anyone (I'd rather have a manager, I think) while Stanford requires a peer. I remembered Harvard's requirements so I have someone in mind, but I forgot about Stanford. Hmm... a peer? I'm not sure who I want to write that one... this will require some more thought.

Back to work!

3 Comments:

Blogger Juggler said...

I'm hoping the ethics thingy will vanish too :-)

You apping Columbia Early Decision? If not there's lot of time because of its rolling application system. You can even do it after you finish apping to the other schools

10:33 AM  
Blogger atypical HBS said...

Three recommender!! now that's a lot. Apply columbia they only need two.

4:47 PM  
Blogger FooBarMe said...

Depending on the recommender, I actually subtracted a couple of days from the deadline. This worked very well for one of my recommenders who is always busy but managed to submit the recommendation in time.

Also I included a sheet with bullet points of some of the things that I thought were important to highlight. The sheet was labeled as "thinking points"

This way, you can get the recommeders to focus on different aspects of your work and personality.

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home