Rungee Goes to School

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Spin it like a pro

Well, the essays continue. If I could progress any slower on these, I'd be moving backward... sooo frustrating! I'm trying to tailor my general vision essay to fit different schools. It's the same basic story, but I'm trying to spin it so it fits well w/ the program. Who knows if this is a good plan or not. I'm going to farm out several of these drafts and ask my reviewers to make sure I don't lose my overall message w/ the spin. I've taken my Columbia essays (w/ their very liberal word limits) and whittled them down to the more restrictive word limits required by some of the other schools. I find this makes things go a little easier (though strangely not any faster).

One of the reasons I've fallen behind was because a good friend came up to stay with us for the weekend (obviously, this is a good reason to fall behind!). It is so much fun to catch up with close friends when it's been awhile. She's currently still in school and she's going to apply for her masters next year, so we were commiserating on the application process.

And now I'm going to go make double fudge brownies to procrastinate further! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Juggler said...

You actually have rough drafts of ALL Harvard and Columbia essays(I read it one of your prev posts) You mean ALL? You have given me a terrible complex.

12:04 AM  
Blogger Hobbes said...

And this is slow? :O

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home