Rungee Goes to School

Monday, March 27, 2006

It's a race... it's a race!

I am back at work on this lovely afternoon after a somewhat relaxing weekend in North Carolina. I decided to fly down to Charlotte and then drive back with my husband, who had been in NC for an entire week on his spring break. In order to get a cheap ticket, I decided to fly out of BWI, which is one of the outlying Washington, DC airports. I love flying. I would so much rather fly than drive that if it is the least bit shorter than the car ride, I will fly (even if the cost is more... although it does get prohibitive at some point). I think this preference stems from my need to be in constant motion. It seems like everywhere I go, I feel the need to get there fast. If I'm in the airport, I get to walk quickly from garage to ticket line, from ticket line through security, from security to shuttle bus, etc. I feel like I'm accomplishing something. Then, I get to sit and rest, read, sleep on the plane. If I'm in the car, I still have the same sense of urgency but no instant gratification! On the contrary, I have to sit and pay attention to driving for hours while feeling like if I could just got 150 mph, life would be better (obviously, I try to at least keep it w/in 20 mph of the speed limit - don't want any reckless driving tickets!).

I have decided I definitely want to visit the schools I am most seriously considering. This will involve a trip to Chicago (for Kellogg), San Fran (for Stanford and may as well visit Berkeley to see what I think of it while I'm there), Durham (Duke), Philadelphia (Wharton), and London (LBS). I've been to HBS already while I was a senior and sat in on a class, so don't really feel the need to go back. I'm going to Philadelphia next week for work, so I may even try to squeeze that one in then, but I have no idea if we'll have any time. We have relatives near Duke, so I am hoping next time we go see them, I can take a little jaunt over that way. The trips to San Fran, Chicago, and LBS will be a bit more difficult, but definitely worth it, I think. I really like both SF and Chicago, so I am excited for those trips. I've never been to London, so we'll see what it holds!

Sorry for the chopping writing! Just in a hurry (what a surprise, right?) ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home