Rungee Goes to School

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The beginning is a very good place to start...

This is my first blog EVER! I hope to use this as a vehicle to get out all my thoughts, frustrations, and excitement about my journey back to school. Currently, the plan is to apply next fall ('06) to a business school to attend in Fall '07.

A little background on me:
I am a 23-year-old female. I'm from Virginia originally and then I made the long (and freezing cold) trek to Boston to go to Harvard for college. I played around for 4 years, slept very little, and graduated with a degree in Economics. I now work as a consultant for a leading strategy consultant firm. I like it for the most part, but I'm not sure I want to do it forever. The problem is that I have no idea what I want to do instead! Well, I have some ideas... I really like health care and international work, so I would be interested in doing management in either of those sectors. International is pretty broad - I would probably focus on economic development or something. Anyway, I recently decided it was time to go back to school to help transition to what I want to do. I just took the GMAT (I guess I'll write a separate post on that later) and now I'm researching Business Schools. Right now, I would really like to take a closer look at Duke/Fuqua (good health care focus), Wharton, Stanford, HBS (alma mater), and Northwestern. We'll see how it goes!

That's it for now!

2 Comments:

Blogger starpower said...

Welcome! I'm from Virginia, too. Enjoy the blogosphere... let me know if you have any questions about international health.

7:51 PM  
Blogger rungee582 said...

Thanks for the comments! This is fun! I'm still learning how this all works. =)

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home