Rungee Goes to School

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Dossiers

In an effort to follow the schedule I laid out for myself, I started my essays (sorta) for Columbia and Haas. By sorta, I mean that I put down some disjointed thoughts that could work to answer the standard questions. I also went through all materials I have for those schools thoroughly to see where I could work in their highlights. Sadly, I have not gotten very far w/ this at all. If I could convince my husband to turn the TV off for 10 minutes I might make some more progress. Grrrr.... stupid desk tops and their lack of mobility.

Also, I realize that coming up pretty soon I need to approach my recommenders. Yikes. I had a clear idea of who I wanted to write these (and still do), but now suddenly I have to actually ask them to take time out of their very busy lives to wax poetically about my unique gifts. I hate asking people for things like this. Back when I was applying to colleges, it was pretty easy - first, I only applied to one school and second, most schools had common applications anyway. I was amazed by the recommendations I received - they were awesome - very heartfelt and clearly thoughtful (even though I waived my right to read them, my recommenders provided me w/ a copy of what they wrote). I'm hoping for something similar with the B-school application.

Will post updates - promise!

1 Comments:

Blogger Juggler said...

nice list of skools. All the best!

I will visit regularly...

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home