Rungee Goes to School

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Reconsidering Visiting Schools

I think I talked about my desire to visit most of the schools to which I am applying (especially since most of them are on the East coast... I can't complain they are too far). However, as it is now time to actually start doing that, I find myself hesitating. I have so much to do, both w/ regard to applications and at work, between now and mid-October that I'm not sure I really want to visit each and every school before I submit my application. Plus, there's the whole money aspect. I have a hard time actually pressing that button that charges my credit card when I'm reserving flights. I was talking to a few other applicants about this, and everyone has already managed to visit a few schools. They said it was well worth it... I agree... I am just having a hard time actually committing to the trips. *sigh*

Ciao... a presto.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hobbes said...

Hmmmm... You know what, we folks sitting in India (and am sure ppl from other places too), so envy you guys for being able to make class visits. Its unthinkble for us to be able to go to the US just to visit schools. Unless we are in US for a business visit and then take time off to visit schools, its something we cant even think of doing.

So make of this implicit oppurtunity you have and try to visit schools that you really like. Trust me, a school visit can tell you a lot of things abt the school. It can make you fall in love with it and at the same time you might even decide not to app there - its all a matter of fit. So better to know it now than later.

@cornfed - "to get my hopes up, fall in love with a place, and then not get in, well, that isn't fun. I like being in control of my destiny."

Well, i dont think I quite understand how you are in control of your destiny by not visiting the schools. Your chances of admit can only go up by a class visit, not down.

If you fall in love with the place, i mean realllly fall in love with it, n then you dont get adm, then you might decide to take a yr off n reapp. You might be disappointed for a while, 'cuz the school you loved doesnt love you back. But still, it would be worth it.

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home