Rungee Goes to School

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Double Booked

I just realized that I agreed to attend two events tomorrow... dinner w/ my Mom, Aunt, and Uncle, and the Forte Forum. As much as I'd like to go hang out with my family, I feel it's very important for me to attend the Forum to learn some more about the schools I'm interested in. Once I told my Mom about the conflict, she said wouldn't allow me to come to dinner anymore b/c she thinks I should go attend the Forum. She's very supportive of this whole MBA endeavor! My Aunt also encouraged me to go. So, I guess that's that. I'll post a review if I learn anything new and interesting. Tomorrow will also be exactly 1 month prior to my first due date (HBS)! Yikes.

I finished up the Duke essays today and got a start on the Michigan ones this weekend. So, with any luck, essay writing will be completed by next weekend. After that, it's reviewing, writing applications, and checking on recommenders. I've taken a new approach to getting MBA stuff done. Whenever I come home from work, I am too distracted. It's just very hard to focus intently in a 1 BR apartment b/c my husband is usually watching TV and if I go into the bedroom, I inevitably fall asleep. Soooo... I've decided just not to come home from work! Haha... it's not as bad as it sounds. When I finish my actual work, I switch gears and open up my essays or applications and start writing. Staying at my desk for another hour or two per night has really helped me make some additional progress. It's sort of like the library was at school... a sanctuary for private thought and contemplation. I never thought I'd view my work desk like that, but there you have it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

I've been doing the exact same thing (staying after work to study) and it's been so great for my concentration.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Juggler said...

"just one month to the deadline" is such a scary thought. It makes me want to rewrite all my HBS essays :-(.

Do write a post about the Forte Foundation Event.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Hobbes said...

How are you able to work on essays @ office? I try so hard, but never can seem to!

And ye, plz do post a revu of the event.

11:35 PM  
Blogger -tvu said...

Great idea! I used to do the same thing in my previous studies. Thanks for reminding me!!

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home