Rungee Goes to School

Friday, November 17, 2006

London Calling...

I rec'd my London Business School invite yesterday! I was quite excited. I got it right before heading off to a late meeting, and I just came into the meeting w/ a big smile on my face. I don't know when it will be yet, as they are coordinating it with local alumni. The London Bus. School interview is known to be longer than the norm (I heard about 60 min.) and they ask you to analyze an issue and make a short presentation on it. I feel like that is actually going to be fun... sorta like a debate (well, no one is debating you on the other side, necessarily, but you still have to create a structured argument and present your position). I am really excited about the possibility of studying, living, and working overseas, so this is big!

And... it's Friday. Yessssss.

16 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

Hey, I got my LBS invite too and honestly I'm over the moon. Congrats on the invite, now lets hope Dec 19th we are smiling too

8:22 AM  
Blogger A said...

Congrats man!All the best for the interview :-)

9:24 AM  
Blogger Forrest Gump said...

pretty cool. congratulations. go crack the interview.

9:44 AM  
Blogger asiangal said...

Congratulations! I was originally considering London B School as well, but had to limit myself to American schools only to keep my workload manageable. I'm not from the US anyway so all schools are "overseas" to me. =)

10:33 AM  
Blogger -tvu said...

I'm green w/ envy but more then happy for you!! Knock their socks off girl!

12:52 PM  
Blogger StressTensor said...

Congratulations! London is a great place but has the crappiest food and is very expensive. It is a good thing there are a lot of international cuisines available though :)

12:59 PM  
Blogger rungee582 said...

Thanks everyone!

@Cornfed - the exchange rate is brutal... I remember buying lunch last time I was there and realizing I was paying as much as I would have for a decent dinner in the States.

@Stresstensor - The expense does worry me a little... the food, not so much! I eat pretty much anything! :)

2:04 PM  
Blogger High Above Broadway said...

Congrats Rungee!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Rico's Mom said...

I feel like I've been writing so many congratulations posts! That's awesome!

5:17 PM  
Blogger High Above Broadway said...

When are you headed up to HBS? Perhaps I will see you there - I'm up on the 27th..

5:48 PM  
Blogger The Caspian said...

Congrats Rungee! Good luck at the interview.

11:05 PM  
Blogger Iday said...

Congrats :)
Sounds fun. I'm sure u'd enjoy the interview!!!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Inblue said...

Sounds interesting ! All the best

2:02 PM  
Blogger UniQpath said...

Congrats once again! All the best for your interviews. Crack 'em all

1:19 PM  
Blogger Hobbes said...

Congrats, girl! :D

9:43 AM  
Blogger Maxim said...

That's great! I got my invitation from LBS too and share your feelings one hundred percent! Waiting for your account on this 5-minute presentation.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home