Rungee Goes to School

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Happy Birthday to MEEEE

Yes, I am so self-aggrandizing that I sing myself happy birthday on my blog. :) Well, my birthday was actually earlier this week. I can now rent cars w/out an additional surcharge and my car insurance should drop. Wow -- I'm so excited? That's really the last milestone birthday where you get access to something you couldn't get before (even though it is nothing to brag about) until you get to retirement age. My husband and I went on vacation to the beach in Florida to celebrate, and it was great (albeit too short). I am tan now... very excited about that... as are other people, I'm sure, as they were starting to be blinded by my paleness.

When I came back, I had my Wharton packet sitting in my mail box as well as the final information needed for me to secure my Stafford loan. I already made it through one of the Wharton books (information on courses, waiver, etc.), and I need to start on the other one which apparently explains more tactically what I need to do to get ready for the MBA program. I'm trying to figure out what I need to take in pre-term, and also looking ahead to figure out what I can waive for the core classes (most classes to do w/ econ can probably go since I was an econ concentrator in undergrad). We have to take (and pass) a math test, which freaks me out a little. It looks simple enough, but when you haven't done calc for 7 years, you worry a bit. I feel for those who have been out of school longer than I have. I have been brushing up on my math and will continue to do so to make sure I am prepared (I knew I saved my calc notes from high school and freshman year for a reason)!

I also decided I should get a smartphone for corresponding between classes so I won't have to boot up my computer to check emails. My husband is concerned for my health b/c he says the last thing I need is a way to check email constantly. :) I am somewhat OCD about my email. Anyway, my phone is new and pretty... and I love it. Hehe. I got the Red BlackBerry Pearl thru Cingular (or AT&T... whatever they are calling themselves today). I talked to quite a few people last time I was at Wharton and Cingular seemed to get the most consistent service in that area (my Verizon service was very sketchy and I kept dropping calls when I was on the bottom level). After my legendary battles with Verizon, I'm glad to say good-bye to them at last.

Like iday, I also made a shopping list of stuff I need to get for school. Most of it is boring stuff... need some simple furniture for the apt. since my husband is taking our "real" furniture with him. I also need to get a lap top and a calculator. I am just burning money left and right... you'd think I already had my MBA salary in hand. ;)

11 Comments:

Blogger kpmg said...

let me be the first to wish you happy birthday and all the best to the new life of being an MBA student! :)

9:11 PM  
Blogger asiangal said...

Happy birthday!

On the pre-school shopping, I'm actually trying live in a more minimalist fashion so I'm more mobile. =)

10:35 PM  
Blogger Iday said...

Hey - belated birthday wishes :) And i guess a tan is a great way to celebrate it ;)

I love the Blackberry pearl! I'm planning to pick one myself when i land in ChiTown.

And finally, have fun with the shopping. It's definitely a great way to kill time till we get to school.

PS: I am kind of disappointed that Wharton doesnt send u any pre-assignments :(

11:04 PM  
Blogger the being said...

singing along ~ Happy Birthday To Youuuuuuuu ~ ;)

i am yet to make a list! i am so behind schedule on these things. I'll have to buy everything starting from suitcases (gulp!)

12:44 AM  
Blogger rungee582 said...

Wannabe, asiangal, iday, and sudha -- thanks for your comments and birthday wishes. :)

6:41 AM  
Blogger ipoel said...

yaii happy birthday!!

9:42 AM  
Blogger -tvu said...

Happy Birthday! I'm certain this year will be a memorable life milestone.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Rico's Mom said...

Happy Birthjday! May birthday's are the best! That is my completely unbiased opinion ;-)

You make me want to start on my lists...I haven't even come close to that!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Mocha said...

Happy Bday~!!

10:34 PM  
Blogger rungee582 said...

Thanks, ipoel, tvu, mba_salsera, and mocha. I appreciate the bday comments. :)

9:08 PM  
Blogger uniqpath said...

Hey Rungee, Happy Birthday! I guess you might have figured your preterm and core courses by now. I am pouring through that packet as well. See ya soon!

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home