Rungee Goes to School

Friday, May 04, 2007

Good Old-fashioned Update

After recovering from my coma-inducing post the other day, I realized that I haven't really provided an update on my matriculation process in a long time. I've actually almost completed the entire thing at this point (thankfully... I hate paperwork and will be more than glad to have it over with).

I received notification that my employment verification was completed and that my matriculation deposit has been received. This allowed me to create my Wharton email account. For some reason, getting my email made everything about going to Wharton suddenly very real to me. Forget the admissions letter, the matriculation fee... it's the email account that really gets me excited about business school... go figure! ;)

In addition, I got my Financial Award Letter, which tells me how much I am expected to pay, how much I was awarded in merit grants, how much I will probably get in Federal student loans, and how much I will have to fund through alternative (bank) loans. I have to say that it came back better than I thought it would be, so that was nice. After that, I completed my FAFSA. Apparently, I am now waiting on some additional information from Wharton (a promissory note of some kind) before I move forward with the loan process.

I also found a place to live! It's right off Rittenhouse Square in Center City. I got a small studio, which is all I really need. Seems like a good place and I know of a few more incoming students who will be staying there as well. I paid the deposit but have not yet signed the lease (I'm *trying* to sign the lease but no luck in actually receiving it from the rental office yet... hmmm).

So, there are a few loose ends to tie up, but for the most part I am all set! I hear we get another package at some point later this month, so I am looking forward to that. Time is flying by so fast -- I am going to be up in Philly before I know it!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Iday said...

That's a lot of progress!!! Two more months and ye shall be at Philly :)

10:37 AM  
Blogger Rico's Mom said...

That's awesome. Such Peace of mind with a place to live and other details being taken care of. Congrats!

3:38 PM  
Blogger asiangal said...

You found a place to live! I'm jealous ... Post application hoo-hah, finding a place to live is one of my biggest worries these days. =)

9:46 PM  
Blogger the being said...

wow! am i the only one who hasn't found a place yet?
Congrats on BOB!

12:35 AM  
Blogger UniQpath said...

That's great! I have signed up for a small studio as well one block away from Rittenhouse Sq. Shall see you soon in Phily

9:22 PM  
Blogger The MBA AppleCart said...

Hey! Congrats on everything...the admit, the BOB and finding the house.
Even if you have heard it before, I still have to say you have a wonderful blog here. Great tips for everything, really :-)

10:47 AM  
Blogger Bubbly said...

May I ask why you applied only to USA MBAS?

are they special? just want to understand.

http://zanat0s.typepad.com

7:09 PM  
Blogger ipoel said...

hey rungee :) haha ur blog shd be a must-read for upcoming applicants :)

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home